The conference will be held at The Atlanta Marriott Marquis in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, from October 2-4, 2019.
Held every eighteen months, the Reclaiming Vacant Properties Conference is the sole national conference dedicated to helping communities find new solutions for vacant, abandoned, and deteriorated properties.
It attracts and connects professionals from many interrelated fields, including community development, urban policy, code enforcement, affordable housing, land banking, law, urban planning, economic development, and public safety.
The conference’s 60+ sessions will cover topics including:
- Code enforcement & nuisance abatement
- Demolition & deconstruction
- Financing rehab & homeownership
- Green & alternative vacant land reuse
- Historic preservation
- Land banks & community land trusts
- Placemaking, arts & culture
- Property data & information systems
- Property tax foreclosure reform
- Rental housing regulation
- Reuse of buildings
Visit the www.reclaimingvacantproperties.org website to learn more!